About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for nurses working in operating rooms or day surgery and seeking to expand their knowledge of the use, care and maintenance of anaesthetic equipment and of the techniques used in anaesthetic pharmacology; clinical assessment; infection control; safe working environment; work station equipment problems and monitoring during anaesthesia within the guidelines of the Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN).
|RN member $187.50||RN non-member $219.50|
|EN member $153.50||EN non-member $186.00|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- demonstrate practical knowledge of the use, care and maintenance of anaesthetic equipment and of the techniques used in anaesthetic pharmacology
- reflect upon and understand current infection control theories, policies and procedures in relation to clinical practice
- provide and maintain a safe working and patient environment
- predict and manage common anaesthetic work station equipment problems
- examine the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of common anaesthetic agents and the associated patient management
- analyse patient assessment, monitoring and positioning during anaesthesia.
Registration and introduction
Anaesthetic machine principles
Airway and ventilation management
Anaesthetic crisis management
From receiving to PACU transfer
Evaluation and finish