About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for registered and enrolled nurses who are working with clients requiring rehabilitation.
Dates and locations
23 March 2017 - Bega NSW
|RN member $187.50||RN non-member $219.50|
|EN member $153.50||EN non-member $186.00|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- Define rehabilitation nursing, including the role and responsibility of the rehabilitation nurse within the multidisciplinary team
- Explain the role of goal setting in rehabilitation
- Describe in brief the nursing assessment and management of pain and continence
- Discuss sexuality in rehabilitation
- Demonstrate teaching skills relevant to rehabilitation.
- List the discharge planning considerations to support the rehabilitation of the amputee, orthopaedic, brain-injured or stroke patient, patients with spinal injury
|0900 – 1030|
Introduction to rehabilitation nursing
|1030 – 1045||Morning tea|
|1045 – 1215|
The role of goal setting in rehabilitation
Sexuality and the rehabilitation process
|1315 – 1445|
Discharge planning considerations in the following client groups
Continence management – a rehabilitative perspective
Pain assessment and management in the rehabilitation setting
|1645 – 1700||Evaluation and finish|