About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over two days and is equivalent to 14 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for registered and enrolled nurses working with clients requiring rehabilitation.
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
|RN member $327.00||RN non-member $385.00|
|EN member $269.00||EN non-member $327.00|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- discuss rehabilitation nursing, including the role and responsibility of the rehabilitation nurse within the multidisciplinary team
- identify strategies to support the rehabilitation of the amputee, orthopaedic, brain-injured or stroke patient
- describe the nursing assessment and management of pain and continence
- review sexuality in rehabilitation from a spinal, CVA and continence perspective
- review physiotherapy strategies which can improve rehabilitation
- demonstrate teaching skills relevant to rehabilitation.
Introduction to rehabilitation nursing
Management of the amputee client
Pain assessment and management in the rehabilitation setting
Day one finish
Continence management – a rehabilitative perspective
Brain injury and rehabilitation
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation
Evaluation and finish