This four-hour module has been designed for both Enrolled and Registered Nurses to revise key aspects of respiratory assessment.
This module will provide you with the combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and abilities that underpin competent assessments. The content is interspersed with questions and activities followed by a quiz at the end of the module.
By completing this module you’ll earn four CPD hours and achieve these learning outcomes:
- Explain the factors that influence respiratory assessment and function
- Review the respiratory system—upper and lower respiratory tracts
- Appreciate the importance of health history in assessing respiratory patients and function
- Identify the steps in conducting a systematic and symmetrical assessment
- Distinguish between acute and chronic respiratory dysfunction
- Revise how medications may impact on this type of dysfunction
- Identify the responsibilities of the assessor
- Reflect on previous practice
- Appreciate how assessment is incorporated in the holistic care and management of a patient, including escalation processes.
|Course code||Not applicable|
|Course dates||On enrolment at your own pace|
|Mode of delivery||Online|
|Course duration||4 CPD hours|
|On campus dates||Nil|
|Textbook and resources||Nil|