The odd one out
125 Flinders Lane
Melbourne , VIC 3000
NURSES AND MIDWIVES HAPPINESS AND MINDS MATTER. Develop awareness and skills to expand your resilience, EQ, communication, compassion, stress management, happiness and job satisfaction.
This nurturing 8-hour full day workshop offers practical tools and strategies to support you!
The purpose of the one day How fit is your brain?® Mindfulness workshop is to provide a practical introduction into mindfulness and self-awareness practices, offering a deep understanding as to why you would want to embrace the practices. Participants will gain insight into the EYI education, activations and practices inclusive of meditation and breath. This workshop is practical based and utilises an engaging multimedia delivery for skill development, in a language that is today.
Develop your resilience, productivity, EQ, communication, compassion, happiness and job satisfaction.
Excessive stress has a significant impact on wellbeing and quality of life and is a major health issue in society today. Work-related stress is on the increase and is a growing challenge for health care workers, teachers, service providers, managers, organisation’s and the community generally. Unmanaged stress is known to have a detrimental effect on staff wellbeing, with increased absenteeism, staff turnover, and reduced performance, all of which affect working relationships.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- How to minimise stress symptoms and improve overall wellbeing with mindfulness
- Improve focus and concentration
- Development of higher brain functioning for self-regulation
- Improved communication skills and empathy with patients
- Practices to support the management of a variety of conditions such as anxiety and depression
- 8 CPD
What your day looks like
9.00 – 10.00 am
– What is mindfulness/meditation, how & what?
– Why mindfulness/meditation?
– Latest studies of the benefits of mindfulness meditation
– Practice mindfulness technique
10.15 – 12.00 pm
– Brain Structure
– Fight, flight – stress response
– Why body awareness? Feedback loops of the brain and body
– Practices & processes to support self-regulation
– Self-awareness practices
– Reflection of behaviours, actions & thoughts
12 – 1 pm Yoga Session
1.45pm – 3.30pm
– Putting it together – How to make it happen in life
– Consider the practical learnings of today & how you can apply it personally & in your workspace
– How to manage life situations, emotional moments to challenging situations & build strategies for resilience
3.45 – 5pm
– Communication, connection, empathy
– Mindful conversation with colleagues & patients
– Strategic planning & practical steps for home practice
To sign up click here.