In Australia, Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) events kill more people than breast cancer, road traffic accidents and HIV / AIDS combined. VTE is the most common cause of preventable deaths in hospitalised patients.
Would you know how to recognise risk factors in your patients?
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understanding the incidence and prevalence of VTE in the population
- Factors that increase susceptibility to VTE including the effect of comorbidities and identify patients at risk
- Exploring the increased risk in surgical populations
- Understanding pharmacological and mechanical methods to prevent VTE
- Exploring available treatment methods and monitoring for patients who develop a VTE event
In support of World Thrombosis Day, why not hold an afternoon tea to coincide with the webinar. As well as enrolling for the webinar, register via email at email@example.com for your host pack, and ArjoHuntleigh will send you resources to support the day, including World Thrombosis Day posters and promotional material.
Don't forget that ArjoHuntleigh are hosting a complimentary webinar on Friday 13 October from 2-3pm AEST.
1 CPD Hour