The webinar will offer an overview of pressure injuries, with a focus on medical device related pressure injuries, including how to identify, stage and prevent them, as well as a study in an Australian Health service on medical device related pressure injuries in Journal of Tissue Viability.
Thursday November 16 2017 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM AEDT
Participants will be better able to:
- identify patients at risk of developing a pressure injury
- describe stages of pressure injury
- explain the influence of microclimate on pressure injuries
- discuss treatment options for pressure injuries
- list strategies that can prevent the development of pressure injuries.
We will also review the new staging of medical device related pressure injuries per the new international guidelines, developed by National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP).