This webcast will provide an overview of the International Guideline re management & treatment of pressure injuries with specific focus on pressure injuries on the patient’s heels.
Participants will be better able to:
- identify patients at risk of developing a pressure injury
- describe stages of pressure injury
- explain the influence of microclimate on pressure injuries
- discuss treatment options for pressure injuries
- list strategies that can prevent the development of pressure injuries.
The speaker will also provide an update into the Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance (Aust, NZ, Hong Kong, Singapore) and the work to commence in 2017 on the next edition of the joint NPUAP, EPUAP and PPPIA International Pressure Injury/Ulcer Guideline which is due to be published in 2019.