About the CPD short course
Poor group dynamics can have a detrimental effect on team performance. In this short course participants will explore the concept of working effectively within a team, the roles and responsibilities, managing conflict, and accountability of care. The course will also highlight the importance of clinical leadership in transforming work culture to bring about positive patient outcomes.
This short course is conducted over two days and is equivalent to 14 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course is for registered nurses working in any clinical setting.
Dates and locations
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
|RN member $327.00||RN non-member $385.00|
|EN member $269.00||EN member $327.00|
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- Discuss the impact of team dynamics on team performance and patient outcomes
- Identify individual roles and responsibilities within the multidisciplinary team
- List the advantages and disadvantages of various nursing team models
- Use effective tools of communication to support team members
- Discuss strategies to work more collaboratively in teams
- Explain the role clinical leadership plays in transforming work culture
- Identify individual leadership qualities and establish goals to develop these.
Identification of personal objectives for the workshop
Nursing team models
Ways of Working Together (WoW)
Managing your role as a team member and leader
Improving group dynamics
Conflict resolution strategies
An afternoon tea break will be included in the above session.
Review of day one
Emerging leadership styles
What is clinical leadership?
Who is a clinical leader?
Core essentials of effective leadership
Discover the leader in you
Self-reflective practice (mentor, coach)
Role modelling for CPD - standards for practice
Outcome-focused leadership in the workplace
Difference between a leader and a manager
How to develop leadership capacity
Goal setting (SMART)
Questions, evaluation and finish