Delayed wound healing occurs in a variety of wound types and can be a significant health problem. In addition to the pain and suffering the patient goes through, failure of the wound to heal also results in social and financial burden.
This webinar will cover the basics of Vacuum Assisted Closure (V.A.C.®), better known as Topical Negative Pressure Therapy (TNPT), Negative Pressure Therapy (NPT) or Negative Pressure Wound Therapy.
TNPT therapy incorporates the use of negative pressure to optimise conditions for wound healing and requires fewer painful dressing changes. With proper training provided to nurses to ensure appropriate and competent use, TNPT can be used successfully to kick-start the healing process in the management of various wound types.
The webinar will discuss:
- the pathophysiology associated with TNPT
- contraindications and precautions
- dressing choice (gauze vs. foam)
- selection of therapies i.e. amount of pressure,
- continuous vs. intermittent therapies, time between
- dressing changes etc.
- application, including tips and tricks.
This webcast is available for registered participants for 3 weeks.
Cost: ACN members $22 (incl. GST)
Non-members $30 (incl. GST)