The Moodle LMS administrator will support and be responsible for ACN’s Moodle site to provide staff and students with a contemporary and effective learning environment. The position will also assist with the administration and support of iMIS (ACN’s Membership CRM).
- Coordinate the set up and maintenance of the Moodle site for Higher Education, Continuing Professional Development and Training and Assessment
- Manage course enrolment processes and develop tailored roles as required
- Set up subject templates on LMS and manage access and editing rights in consultation with education division managers
- Assist end users such as students, staff and external service providers with LMS functional questions
- Collaborate with and assist educators and external service providers (e.g. tutors) in the use of features of the LMS (including native functionality, and functionality of installed plugins) for developing and coordinating online courses
- Provide instructional design for new and existing courses
- Assure that completions/ grades generated by the LMS are functioning as required
- Contribute to internal documentation, forums and other training materials as required and contribute to the quality control process
- Research, develop, and implement innovative solutions to organisational challenges
- Maintain an active knowledge of developments in the LMS available from the open source community, including version releases (and additional features of relevance to ACN), and plugin development
- Plan for and implement the regular upgrade of the Moodle sites and associated software, including identifying potential complications of version upgrade, and testing version features for appropriate usage at ACN
- Mentor and share expertise with other team members
- Support the professional development of nurse educators in learning and teaching including assisting them with facilitating learning in the online environment
- Develop iMIS reports as and when required by membership and other ACN staff
- Assist with iMIS user problems
- Comply with all ACN policies and procedures and relevant appropriate legislation and education accreditation requirements
- Maintain a contemporary knowledge of and actively practice principles of Work Health and Safety
To be considered for this exciting role, you will need to meet the following selection criteria and demonstrate how you meet these in a covering letter:
- Extensive demonstrated experience administering all user facing functions of a Moodle Learning Management System, to set and modify course environment settings to match ACN policies, resolve user authentication issues, add course shells and work with educators and external service providers
- Exposure to PHP, MYSQL databases and web server operations, websites (HTML5 especially) and other content management systems
- Experience assisting others to use software and technology tools (including originality solutions detection systems i.e. Turn It In) within an LMS environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft office
- Be able to develop support documentation to a high standard
- Some flexibility in work hours at peak times as work demands increase
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Work with and support education staff
- Experience with using content development software such as Articulate and integrating such content with Moodle
- An exposure to teaching and training
- A familiarity with iMIS
For further details, please read the position description.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please note that this position is temporary full time on a 12-month fixed-term contract. Applications that do not include a covering letter addressing all of the selection criteria and a CV will not be considered.
Applications for this position will close at 4.00 pm on 20th September 2019, however they will be assessed as received and the successful applicant may be selected prior to the closing date.