The Policy Officer will be responsible for contributing to the development and analysis of nursing, health and aged care system policies, position papers, projects and submissions aligned with ACN’s strategic intent.
The role will also be responsible for contributing to the development of policies to address emerging issues and trends relevant to nursing and the health system.
To be considered for this exciting role, you will need to meet the following selection criteria and demonstrate how you meet these in a covering letter.
- Understanding – Experience in research and review; formulation and development; and implementation of nursing and health-related policy.
- Policy Skills – Ability to provide sound evidence-based policy advice in nursing and health-related matters; and effectively address strategic, environmental and nursing issues.
- Computer Skills – Experience using Microsoft Office programs and EndNote referencing systems.
- Written Communication – Ability to draft project briefs, reports, discussion papers, consultation submissions and policy recommendations with ACN’s preferred position clearly articulated.
- Verbal Communication – Ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Problem solving – Ability to develop and evaluate draft solutions with consideration for likely business impacts, developing contingency plans and ensuring stakeholders are actively engaged in the problem-solving process.
- Conceptual & Analytical Thinking – Developing and using conceptual thinking and sound analytical approaches to support decision making in the work area.
- Flexibility – Adapts approaches and work to changes in the environment and effectively meets new challenges. Able to work flexibly and recognise change in team priorities.
- Initiative and Accountability – Takes responsibility for actions, proactively implements their work plan and addresses issues.
- Collaborative – Collaborates with team members and internal / external stakeholders, while remaining accountable for actions.
For further details, please read the position description.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter via seek.com.
Please note: Applications that do not include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a CV will not be considered.
Applications for this position will close at 4.00 pm on Friday 7 May 2021 and they will be assessed as received.