About the CPD short course
This short course is conducted over one day and is equivalent to 7 continuing professional development (CPD) hours. Please note that this program is subject to change.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for registered nurses who want to gain confidence and skills in interpreting X-rays.
Date and location
We are currently finalising our calendar of CPD short courses for the first half of 2017. If you would like to be informed when dates are announced, you can register for email notifications.
If you would like to tell us which courses you would like to see in your area, please click here to complete a short survey.
|RN member $187.50|
RN non-member $219.50
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- discuss the fundamentals of radiography
- review anatomy and anatomical structures on chest and abdominal radiographs
- explain the principles of chest and abdominal radiographic assessment for nurses
- examine the principles of orthopaedic fractures on X-rays
- identify the safety issues of radiography.
Welcome and introduction
Fundamentals of radiography
Upper and lower limb radiography
Evaluation and finish