Friday 17 March 2023
National Convention Centre Canberra
About the event
Every year ACN hosts an invitation-only Policy Summit in Canberra. At the Summit, Policy Fellows, and Distinguished Guests have the opportunity to engage in high-level discussions regarding ACN’s policy strategy and wider issues affecting nursing and healthcare
The theme for 2023 Policy Summit: Power, Persistence, and Influence.
The five Policy Topics for 2023 are:
- Aged Care: addressing concerns of over-reporting requirements from the Aged Care Commission
- Skilled Migration: ACN’s expectations for International Skilled Nursing Graduates
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Implementing a credentialing program for Advanced Practice Nursing with policy influence for uptake.
- Scope of Practice: Defining barriers including regulatory, financial, employer, jurisdictional, and other factors.
- Registered Nurse Prescribing: ACN view
We are committed to ensuring that the expertise and experiences of nurses are represented in policy development throughout the Australian health and aged care system.
Fellows and Members of ACN are regularly invited to participate in consultations on a broad range of clinical, professional and health policy issues. Opportunities to contribute to ACN submissions are advertised through our monthly eNewsletter and by direct communication with members.
In 2021, ACN established the Nurses and Violence Taskforce designed to develop policy and support advocacy.