One of the benefits of being a member of Australian College of Nursing (ACN) is that members are regularly invited to participate in consultations on a broad range clinical, professional and health policy issues. Opportunities to contribute to ACN position statements are advertised in the ACN eNewsletter and by direct email to members.
Get involved in ACN’s advocacy agenda – make your voice heard
Continuing professional development (CPD)
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) requires nurses and midwives to keep written documentation of CPD that demonstrates evidence of a completion of a minimum of 20 hours of CPD per year.
Members who contribute feedback to ACN consultations relevant to their area of practice may be able to count this activity towards CPD requirements. Members can obtain a record of their feedback to add to their CPD portfolio.
To learn more about the NMBA’s Registration standard: continuing professional development, visit the NMBA webpage.
Position statements developed in response to issues relevant to and/or directly impacting on the nursing profession
- Climate and the nursing profession
- The role of registered nurses in residential aged care facilities
- Bullying in the workplace
- Assistants in nursing (however titled)
- Quality health care for all refugees and asylum seekers
- Community and primary health care nursing
- Voluntary Assisted Dying in Victoria
- The role of nurses in promoting healthy ageing
- The role of nurses in chronic disease prevention and management in rural and remote areas