Facilitating a network of like-minded Fellows and Members who share an interest in the issues faced by all Australians in the pursuit of a whole of life approach to ageing. This enables members of the Aged Care Nursing Faculty to enhance their knowledge and keep up to date with the latest news, research findings, and opportunities for the identification of best practice and major policy developments in aged care.
Meet the leadership team
Dr Janet Lawrence FACN
Dr Olivia Gallagher MACN
Dr Melissa Carey MACN
Ms Michelle Schupelius MACN
Sleep and how it affects our lives!
- Nurses are essential in health and aged care reform
- Regulation of the unregulated health care workforce across the health care system
- Establishing a nurse-led palliative care service in Australia: an implementation toolkit
- Palliative and end-of-life care in aged care: A response to the findings of the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
- Minimum educational qualifications for nursing staff in residential aged care settings
- The role of nurses in supporting older people to access quality, safe aged care
- Optimising person- and family-centred end-of-life care during a pandemic
- The role of nurses in promoting healthy ageing
- The role of registered nurses in residential aged care facilities
- New South Wales Legislative Council – Registered Nurses in Nursing Homes Bill
- Aged Services Industry Reference Committee — improving the food, nutrition and mealtime experience in aged care
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety — Aged Care System Governance, Market Management, and Roles and Responsibilities
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety — Investigation into the impact of COVID-19 on aged care
- Aged Services Industry Reference Committee — The Reimagined Personal Care Worker Discussion Paper
- Australian Government Department of Health — Aged Care Worker Regulation Scheme Consultation Paper
Follow your passion and specialise
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and work towards becoming an expert practitioner in a clinical specialty, ACN can help you achieve your goals.
Studying a Graduate Certificate in Aged Care at ACN can help you create a fulfilling career in this specialty.
The courses – which are written by specialist nurses for nurses – can be completed online, anytime, anywhere and are eligible for FEE-HELP.
If you are still deciding on a clinical specialty, make sure you check out our full suite of graduate certificates to gain inspiration for progressing your career.