The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) is always looking at ways to improve your customer experience with us at every touch point. ACN is an organisation that is committed to putting our customers first and providing courteous and efficient service. This is intrinsic to ACN’s culture. We have a range of policies and initiatives in place to improve our interactions with customers and we are committed to protecting the privacy of our members and students.
The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (CTH) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, except when qualified by any relevant Codes of Practice, will underpin all matters related to personal information in ACN.
Protecting your privacy
At ACN, we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the information we collect from our members, students, customers, suppliers, partners and from visitors to our website.
ACN complies with all applicable Commonwealth, State and Territory privacy law. Under these privacy laws, we are required to comply with a set of privacy principals. More information about these principles and Australian privacy law can be found on the Australian Information Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au.
ACN’s Privacy Statement outlines our commitment to you, the type of information we collect, what we do with that information, why we collect that information and what we use if for, direct marketing and how we store and protect your information.
Customer service policy
In accordance with ACN’s Customer Charter (Appendix A), all members of staff provide services to customers either directly or indirectly and must meet the needs of customers in a professional and ethical manner with courteous and efficient service.
ACN is committed to:
- politeness – the use of good manners in all interactions
- responsiveness – meet agreed timeframes and follow up on all queries
- professionalism – being objective and knowledgeable and demonstrating integrity
- understanding – customers and their business
- confidentiality – respecting the confidentiality of customer information
- transparency – processes are clear, consistent, easy to access and documented.
Cancellations and refunds policy
ACN is committed to providing high quality products and services and reserves the right to cancel educational services, professional activities and products.
Student management policy
The student management policy was developed to assist students by establishing guidelines relating to all aspects of their course and to ensure equity of administrative practice across all courses conducted by ACN. It provides students with the correct procedures for overall student progression, grievances and appeal. All education staff, education contractors and students are required to read and understand the policy and agree to abide by it. If there are any queries in relation to this policy clarification should be sought.
Australian Students Tuition Assurance Scheme (ASTAS)
Australian College of Nursing (ACN) will maintain a tuition assurance scheme to safeguard students in the event of it becoming insolvent and are unable to return fees paid in advance. The tuition assurance scheme will source similar training to allow the effected participants to complete their studies without further financial burden. However if the student cannot be placed, the tuition assurance scheme will make refunds. Find out more on the ASTAS website.
Student grievance handling – academic and non academic
Australian College of Nursing (ACN) is committed to developing and maintaining an effective, timely, fair and equitable grievance handling system which is easily accessible to all complainants. The student grievance handling policy outlines grievance procedures designed to ensure that ACN responds effectively to individual cases of dissatisfaction.
Direct debit request service agreement
Direct debit request service request agreement with Australian College of Nursing Limited (ABN 48 154 924 642). This information is to help you understand the responsibilities (both yours and ours) and other terms and conditions that apply to your direct debit request.
The International Student Course Withdrawals and Refunds outlines how ACN will manage refunds of tuition fees and other administrative fees for fee paying international students.
International Student Course Withdrawals and Refunds
International Student Refund Request
The International Student Transfer and Release policy sets out the circumstances (i) where ACN will allow an international student to transfer to ACN prior to the completion of six months of study of their principle course and (ii) when ACN will release an international student to another registered provider.
International Student Transfer and Release
The Deferring Suspending or Cancelling Enrolment – International Students policy outlines the ACN process for deferring suspending or cancelling an enrolment of an international student in the Graduate Certificate of Nursing (Bridging and Re-entry) program.
Deferring Suspending or Cancelling Enrolment – International Students
This policy outlines when ACN will re-credit a FEE-HELP balance for students who withdraw from study after the published census date or fail to complete a unit of study, due to special circumstances.
Australian College of Nursing constitution
The Australian College of Nursing was established to cultivate and maintain the highest principles of nursing and healthcare by:
- facilitating the education and continuing professional development of nurses and other healthcare professionals
- providing opportunity for and administering grants, trusts and awards to further nursing and health professional scholarship
- contributing to a professional framework which enhances the practice and progression of nursing and healthcare nationally and internationally
- initiating, encouraging and supporting research to seek solutions to issues and problems relevant to nursing and healthcare practice and the health of the community in general and taking action on such problems and issues
- fostering and maintaining links with other nursing and allied organisations or relevant groups through co-operation or affiliation for the furtherance of any or all of the objects of the College
- acting in an advisory role and providing a consultative service on the process and outcomes of nursing and health policy development and research at National and State levels in order to improve the health care of the community.