If you are an ambitious go-getter looking for an opportunity to step outside of your comfort zone to advance your career and become the best nurse leader you can be then look no further! The ENL program will help you develop your leadership skills and confidence through unparalleled access to high profile nurse leaders, mentoring, career coaching and professional development opportunities. The program is self-paced and self-driven, meaning you will get as much out of the program as you put in. Participants will be required to independently complete a range of activities in order to accrue the points required to complete the program.
ENL program benefits
ENL mentoring program
Invitations to exclusive ACN events
Networking with high profile nurse leaders
Opportunity to build a profile within the profession
ACN Leadership workshops
Professional development webinars
Program overview and eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the ENL program, applicants must be paying ACN members. Click on the icons to view the program overview and additional eligibility for each stage.
ENL program objectives
The program is divided into five stages reflecting the challenges and opportunities nurses face as they progress through their leadership journey. Each stage is nine months and participants are welcome to enter at any stage depending on where they are in their personal journey.
Throughout the various stages within the ENL program participants will:
- identify and have a greater awareness and understanding of their own leadership qualities, through self-assessment and ACN professional feedback
- see an improvement in their own leadership confidence and effectiveness
- have developed a social, ethical and professional understanding of contemporary health care environments to provide nurse leadership within the health care context
- have a growing understanding of the socio-political environment of nursing
- have a better understanding of change mechanisms within the profession of nursing and health sector
- be better equipped to understand the development of nursing policy, research and education and its influence on the profession and broader health environment.