ACN’s prestigious Emerging Nurse Leader (ENL) program empowers current and future nurse leaders to achieve their goals and aspirations through personal and professional development. The nine-month program allows participants to develop their skills and confidence through a blend of formal education, self-reflection, mentoring and action based learning. ENLs receive invaluable opportunities to make connections within the profession and profile themselves as nurse leaders the industry should keep an eye on.
Interested in becoming an ENL?
If you are an ambitious go-getter looking for an opportunity to step outside of your comfort zone to advance your career and become the best nurse leader you can be then look no further! The ENL program will allow you to demonstrate your drive and initiative. The program is self-paced and self-driven, meaning you will get as much out of the program as you put in. Participants will be required to independently complete a range of activities in order to accrue the points required to complete the program. Applications are open to current and up-and-coming nurse leaders, from undergraduate nursing students to nurses in their sixth year of nursing practice. Check out the eligibility requirements and detailed program outline for each stage below. Up to 50 participants will be welcomed into the program each year.
How to apply?
To apply follow the link below and complete the application form by 11.59pm Tuesday 24 July.
Program overview and eligibility
Click on the icons to view the program overview for each stage.
ENL program objectives
The program is divided into five stages reflecting the challenges and opportunities nurses face as they progress through their leadership journey. Each stage is nine months and participants are welcome to enter at any stage depending on where they are in their personal journey.
Throughout the various stages within the ENL program participants will:
- identify and have a greater awareness and understanding of their own leadership qualities, through self-assessment and ACN professional feedback
- see an improvement in their own leadership confidence and effectiveness
- have developed a social, ethical and professional understanding of contemporary health care environments to provide nurse leadership within the health care context
- have a growing understanding of the socio-political environment of nursing
- have a better understanding of change mechanisms within the profession of nursing and health sector
- be better equipped to understand the development of nursing policy, research and education and its influence on the profession and broader health environment.
ENL program benefits
Access to ACN professional development webinars and ACN leadership workshops as outlined in the ENL program
One-on-one career coaching
Support and mentoring from an experienced ACN Member or Fellow