If you’re a nurse, you’re a leader!
We are committed to enhancing health care by advancing nurse leadership. We believe all nurses are inherently leaders. Regardless of your job title or the number of years you have been nursing YOU are a leader! ACN can help you enhance your leadership skills and confidence through specialised leadership webinars and face-to-face training programs that are customised to suit different career stages. Stepping into Leadership is ideal for new nurses, The Leadership Experience suits senior nurses in management positions and Executive Leadership is for those leading organisational change.
Stepping into Leadership – the journey begins
Stepping into Leadership is the ideal program for new graduates up to and including nurses with three years’ experience. Inside this one-day format you will examine leadership theories and models, learn the importance of communication and team work, and expand your emotional intelligence and self-care practices to ensure you remain protected from stressors and chaos of the dynamic health care environment. This is a fun and interactive day that provides you the opportunity to share and learn from the experiences and knowledge of others.
- Gain a deeper self-awareness
- Learn how to communicate more effectively inside teams
- Develop your listening skills to enhance your interviewing an assessment ability
- Experience the rapport building process
- Gain a deeper understanding of team work and team dynamics
- Learn the value of effective feedback
- Develop a self-care tool belt
The Leadership Experience – leading others by example
The Leadership Experience program is designed for middle management and above, this includes CNs, NUMs, Educators and Seniors nurses in leadership and management positions. The program examines four main concepts, emotional intelligence [EQ], advanced communication skills, leading teams and emotional resilience.
The program delivers an experiential day with high levels of engagement as well as interactive activities so you can learn and experience the deeper meanings of the concepts. The program will also challenge you to take a deep reflection into understanding more about yourself as well as others. The objectives of the program are to develop your EQ, enhance your communication, equip you with knowledge and skills to build and lead teams and teach you strategies to prevent burnout and increase your emotional resilience.
- Increased self-awareness
- Develop your emotional intelligence
- Gain a deeper understanding of communication breakdown
- Improve your communication skills
- Learn characteristic of great team
- The value of giving effective feedback
- Learn strategies to prevent stress and build your emotional resilience
Here’s what other have said about the Leadership Experience program;
- Fantastic leadership content – met all my expectations and more.
- I have been sitting through similar workshops for 30 years. This has been the “best” by far. Practical information. No waffle. Bloody awesome. Thanks for the opportunity.
- Fantastic content/fantastic facilitation.
- Awesome information, emotion, process sharing session.
- The most engaging course I have attended.
- Excellent engagement. I usually drift off in these lectures (Vegas) but not this one.
- Fantastic quality of information & take home strategies.
- I am after more.
- Relevant to everything I’m doing at work.
Executive Leadership – Leading change effectively
The Executive Leadership program is created for higher level nurses which includes ADONs, DONS, and Executives. The program revisits emotional intelligence and develops your charisma, reviews decision making critical thinking and communication skills, and builds upon strategies to drive organisational change. This is an interactive and reflective day that will challenge you to become your best.
- Develop your emotional intelligence and charisma
- Examine and apply critical thinking and decision making frameworks to scenarios
- Discuss strategies to successfully drive organisational change
- Gain an insight into the power of networking and presentation skills
- Develop your coaching, mentoring and feedback styles