The Aged Care Scholarships will allow for up to 400 additional scholarships per year for three years, for personal care workers and nurses to complete qualifications. There will be up to 100 allied health scholarships per year for up to three years, which will be for allied health professionals to focus on dementia related qualifications.
Aged Care Scholarships: Undergraduate
Applications for scholarships closed 11:59pm AEST, Monday 10 October 2022 – no late applications can be accepted. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application early December 2022.
Applications will be considered from applicants who:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- have a demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a nursing career with a focus on aged care
- are currently enrolled or intending to enrol in a course, which commences or is continuing from January – December 2023 in the following:
— Diploma of Nursing
— Bachelor of Nursing.
Value of the scholarship
|Diploma of Nursing||Up to two years full time study or four years of part time study||Up to a maximum of $20,000 for two years of full time study or four years part time study. This is paid on a per semester basis, the amount will be determined by your study load.|
|Bachelor of Nursing||Up to three years full time study or six years of part time study||Up to a maximum of $30,000 for three years of full time study or six years part time study. This is paid on a per semester basis, the amount will be determined by your study load.|
Applicants will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- aged care experience
- previous qualifications
- the applicant’s rurality, which is determined according to the Modified Monash Model (MMM) determines whether a location is city, rural, or very remote
- if the applicant identifies as coming from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- if the applicant identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.