ACN offers our members a series of high-quality publications that cover the nursing profession from every angle.
NurseClick - a monthly e-magazine for ACN Members and non-member subscribers
NurseClick focuses on topics related to nursing practice, policy and professional issues. It provides subscribers and ACN members with an interesting mix of articles which cover local, national and international nursing, aged care and health care themes.
If you want to keep up to date with trends, ACN policy developments and submissions and nursing and health news, NurseClick provides you with a convenient portal to what's happening each month, with interactive links to follow in the stories that most interest you.
NurseClick is a monthly electronic, interactive PDF publication available to ACN members, and to stakeholders, the wider nursing and non-nursing community who subscribe to it.
2017 issues are available by clicking on the links below.
2016 issues are available by clicking on the links below.
2015 issues are available by clicking on the links below.
Members can also access it on our 3LP website.
Weekly eNewsletter - available to ACN Members only.
The ACN eNewsletter provides ACN members with timely information on key member benefits and relevant nursing and health care updates and opportunities.
The eNewsletter is sent out weekly and includes a CEO update, information on membership, information on ACN region events, updates on scholarships and awards and relevant news from the Australian health care industry.
The Hive Quarterly Magazine - available to ACN Members only
The Hive, our quarterly publication, showcases the length and breadth of our members and their expertise and experience.
The Hive presents the opportunity for our members to share research outcomes, educational developments, innovative nursing techniques and their own unique story.
Members can access past issues of The Hive by logging into 3LP.
Please contact ACN's Membership Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on freecall 1800 061 660 (charges may apply) if you need your login details.
Collegian - Quarterly Refereed Journal
Members also receive electronic access to Collegian, ACN’s refereed academic journal. Collegian is ranked in ISI with an impact factor of 1.122.
For ACN members to access current and previous issues please click here and log in with your ACN username and password.
For non-members please click here for more information.
ACN is now welcoming content for our 2017 publications.
Our themes for the following editions of The Hive for 2017 are
- Cardiovascular disease (Autumn issue) Please send your submissions by 9 March 2017
- Dementia/Alzheimer's (Winter issue) Please send your submissions by 6 June 2017
- Respiratory (Spring issue) Please send your submissions by 5 September 2017
- Diabetes/obesity (Summer issue) Please send your submissions by 21 November 2017
While we’ll be featuring content that relates to these themes, we also invite contributions on topics that are outside of these themes. Please email email@example.com for more information.
NurseClick and The Hive
Our interactive monthly electronic publication, NurseClick, and our quarterly print publication, The Hive, exhibit the length and breadth of a dynamic Australian nursing profession, and we want to hear from you! Members are invited to submit articles about their work, research or innovations in nursing, a personal profile or opinion piece. If you are interested in submitting an article for NurseClick or The Hive see dates above.
ACN publication guidelines:
- The lead/first author must be a member of the Australian College of Nursing. Non-member submissions may be considered for NurseClick.
- Articles should be from 300 – 1500 words in Microsoft Word format.
- Articles should be original, previously unpublished and not under consideration for any other publication.
- We do not accept articles of an advertorial nature.
- Pictures/photos are to be in JPEG or TIF format of high resolution 300dpi.
- References should be limited to 10 or fewer.
- All references must be supplied in modified Harvard system.
- Complete authorial details including: name, job title, organisation and location.
- Articles are submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember the ACN editorial team are here to assist you with the process. If you would like some guidance, please email email@example.com
By submitting your article for publication, it is important that you understand and acknowledge the following:
- The Hive is not an academic peer-reviewed journal; it is a quarterly member magazine for the Australian College of Nursing. This means should your article be published in The Hive, it will not count as a ‘publication’ in the formal (academic) sense.
- Many peer-reviewed journals are asking authors to attest to the fact that the data or content has not been published elsewhere. Thus, even though The Hive is not a peer-reviewed academic journal, publishing your article in The Hive may preclude you from publishing your findings elsewhere.
- ACN reserves the right to reproduce the submitted article online and in other ACN publications at any time.