The Aged Care Scholarships will allow for up to 400 additional scholarships per year for three years, for personal care workers and nurses to complete qualifications. There will be up to 100 allied health scholarships per year for up to three years, which will be for allied health professionals to focus on dementia related qualifications.
Applications for scholarships closed 11:59pm AEST, Monday 10 October 2022 – no late applications can be accepted. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application early December 2022.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship applicants’ must be:
- an Australian Citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- have current registration as an enrolled or registered nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)directly employed in and by a provider of residential aged care, community aged care service, multipurpose service or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flexible service
- delivering direct care
- are currently enrolled or intending to enrol in a course, which commences or is continuing from January – December 2023 in the following:
— Graduate Certificate
— Graduate Diploma
All courses must be relevant to the care of older people or leadership and management:
- Courses related to the care of older people include, but are not limited to: clinical gerontology, behavioral management, dementia care, wound care, continence care, palliative care and infection control.
- Courses related to leadership and management include but are not limited to: postgraduate studies in clinical leadership, leadership and management and health services management.
Value of the scholarship
|Graduate Certificate||Up to one year part time study||Up to a maximum of $7,500 for one year of part time study, which is paid over two part time semesters.|
|Graduate Diploma||Up to two years part time study||Up to a maximum of $15,000 for two years of part time study, which is paid over four part time semesters.|
|Masters||Up to two years of full time study or four years part time study||Up to a maximum of $30,000 for two years of full time study or four years part time study. This is paid on a per semester basis, the amount will be determined by your study load.|
Applicants will need to respond to the following selection questions in the application:
How will your course improve the quality of people’s lives and of the care you will be delivering to older Australians?
Describe your commitment to aged care including:
- Describe the services you are currently delivering for those 65 years and older, or 55 years and older for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- The difference your study will make to your work.
Please note: information collected on your cumulative length of aged care experience, rurality and being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background may be used as a selection weighting to meet aged care workforce need.