The Aged Care Scholarships will allow for up to 400 additional scholarships per year for three years, for personal care workers and nurses to complete qualifications. There will be up to 100 allied health scholarships per year for up to three years, which will be for allied health professionals to focus on dementia related qualifications.
Applications will be considered from applicants who:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- have a demonstrated commitment to pursuing a career with a focus on aged care
- are currently enrolled or intending to enrol in a course, which commences or is continuing from January – December 2024 in the following:
— Certificate III in Individual Support
— Certificate IV in Ageing Support
— Advanced Diploma of Nursing.
If you are interested in a scholarship for the Diploma of Nursing, please visit Aged Care Scholarships: Undergraduate.
Value of the scholarship
|Certificate III in Individual Support||Up to two years study||Payment for course fees up to $6,000|
|Certificate IV in Aging Support||Up to two years study||Payment for course fees up to $6,000|
|Advanced Diploma of Nursing||Up to two years study||Payment for course fees up to $6,000|
Applicants will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- aged care experience
- previous qualifications
- the applicant’s rurality, which is determined according to the Modified Monash Model (MMM) determines whether a location is city, rural, or very remote
- if the applicant identifies as coming from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- if the applicant identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.